We asked 3,500 therapists what BOOKS THEY loved reading: here's their list.
Therapist Toolbox is a community by Mentally Fit that is on a mission to provide support and resources to therapists to help them unleash their full potential--at work and in life!
With over 3,500 members worldwide--and growing by several hundred new members per day--Therapist Toolbox is the fastest growing community of therapists in the world.
We asked: What was the last book that you LOVED and recommend to everyone you know?
Here's what they said...
But It’s Your Family...
by Dr. Sherrie Campbell - a member of the Mentally Fit Advisory Board
The Body Keeps the Score
Bessel van der Kolk
The Power of Vulnerability: Teachings of Authenticity, Connection, and Courage
Dr. Brené Brown PhD
Against The Stream
by Noah Levine
FULL LIST OF RECOMMENDED BOOKS:
- But It’s Your Family…: Cutting Ties with Toxic Family Members and Loving Yourself in the Aftermath by Dr. Sherrie Campbell
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel van der Kolk
- The Power of Vulnerability: Teachings of Authenticity, Connection, and Courage by Dr. Brené Brown PhD
- Against The Stream by Noah Levine.
- Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, HER Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed by Lori Gottlieb
- Big Magic, Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be by Rachel Hollis
- When Things Fall Apart by Pema Chodron
- Poverty Safari by Darren McGarvey
- Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children From Nature-Deficit Disorder by Richard Louv
- High Achiever by Tiffany Jenkins
- The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts by Gary Chapman
- The Girl on the Velvet Swing: Sex, Murder, and Madness at the Dawn of the Twentieth Century by Simon Baatz
- The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff
- Healing the Child Within: Discovery and Recovery for Adult Children of Dysfunctional Families by Charles Whitfield
- Damaged: The Heartbreaking True Story of a Forgotten Child by Cathy Glass
- My Mysterious Son: A Life-Changing Passage Between Schizophrenia and Shamanism by Dick Russell
- Lost and Found: Helping Behaviorally Challenging Students (and, While You're at It, All the Others) by Ross W. Greene
- White Like Me: Reflections on Race From a Privileged Son by Tim Wise
Would you read any of these books? Comment and let me know!